GETTING STARTED WITH PILATES
Starting Pilates can be daunting, so we offer our new clients three different ways to get started.
Privates are the best way to start because of the individual focus of these sessions. In a private session you work one-on-one with the instructor. The workout is tailored specifically for you based on your age, fitness goals, and the presence of any prior injuries.
Another option to start is with our beginner classes (also known as Reformer classes). These classes include equipment and matwork and are for those who want to fully experience Pilates but wish to make a smaller initial investment.
We also offer a beginner mat class for those who want to get started on the mat only.
YOUR FIRST PILATES VISIT
- Please arrive 15 minutes early to fill out a registration form.
- For your own comfort, do not eat heavily 2 hours before your workout.
- Do not wear jewelry or scented lotions and perfume.
- Park in the University Village garage for easy access to the studio. The garage entrance is next to Storables.
WHAT TO WEAR TO PILATES
- Leggings or shorts
- Athletic top or t-shirt
- Socks - You must wear socks to all sessions and group classes. Barefoot is not allowed. For your convenience, we carry non-slip ExerSocks for sale at the front desk.
- Sessions and wall unit classes are by appointment only.
- Pre-registration and prepayment are required.
- We have a 24-hour cancellation policy. You will be charged for your session or wall unit class unless you call to cancel at least 24 hours in advance.
- Mat classes are drop-in.
- You must wear socks to all sessions and classes.
- We ask that you do not wear jewelry or scented lotions and perfume.